Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm in love...

with my new label maker!

I don't know why this started, but I've become obsessed with organizing as of late. I've been throwing away massive amounts of clutter and rifling through documents that haven't been touched in almost a decade. My shredder has been putting in overtime. Even my superfluous buttons have found proper homes (organized by size, shape, and color, of course!).

I know part of it is anticipating a big move and part of it is putting my life into order. I realize how much I have held onto and how little I really need.

But now it's gotten to the point where I'd rather hang out at home with my label maker than see real, live people. I wonder if I'm turning into one of those crazies. Even so, is there anything sexier than a sleek, shiny label or the euphoria of tossing out junk? I don't think so!

3 comments:

Meggy said...

Now you are making me want a label maker. I was obsessed with those when I was little; I remember labeling everything in sight!

SWoo said...

Hehe. You're like Monica!

Unknown said...

following your lead and trying to get rid of clothes. so far in the donate pile: one pair of khaki short shorts and one shirt from Wet Seal. And I think that's gonna be all that I can part with