Sunday, October 11, 2009

another shiner

I have another amusing story to tell.

Today, I was at the mall to buy a birthday present for a friend. I turned to leave the store and ran face-first into a floor-to-ceiling window pane. I hit my face so hard on the glass that my world went black for a few seconds.

Once I concluded that my cheek was still attached to my face and that no one had been around to upload the incident onto Failblog or Youtube, I had a good chuckle. I scared myself a little but left relatively unscathed. However, if I have an oddly-placed shiner on my face tomorrow, you'll know where it came from.

When I was little, I believed that once I became a bona fide "grownup," incidents like this one would stop happening to me. I'd stop chipping teeth, skinning elbows, and using my face to cushion my falls. Now I'm older but maybe some things never change. What better reality check than doing something utterly stupid that brings you back down to earth?

No comments: