Tuesday, March 22, 2011

great day

It's been a kinda long day at work and I don't have anything special planned tonight - judo, shower, crash.

Still, there's something special in the air. :)

I've been a bit of a grump this weekend, which I hate. Last night, my dad sent me a fatherly, adorable, misspelled text message re: birthdays and work. It was the kind of text that managed, within three grammatically-incorrect sentences, to fill me with tender childlike feelings. I felt like a small owl sitting next to a big, wise owl wearing thick glasses. By the time I woke up, the delightful and wonderful and unruly enthusiasm returned. And then the day continued and I sat in an unfamiliar apartment that smelled of smoke and met some sad-slash-chipper people and now I'm here. I'm 28 and I've arrived and I'm still arriving to this-or-that point.

Sometimes I just need to be reminded.

No comments: