Monday, May 24, 2010

forever

"The Happiest Day of My Life": http://www.meggywang.com/trying-harder-every-day/2010/05/the-happiest-day-of-my-life.html

Like Meggy, I've experienced moments or even full days that are remarkable and marked only because they're punctuated by pure, unexpected bliss. Maybe they were brought on by little luxuries. Maybe they were brought on because things felt undeservingly simple. Maybe I was just having a Good Day.

Regardless, these moments swim around in my head and resurface occasionally. I recall snippets of sunshine and fingers braided into another set of fingers and steaming mugs of coffee and brunches that tasted like possibility. I remember a lot of quiet moments. Sometimes I feel a little, passing twinge because I know that I will never quite have those moments back. The concept that I have the most trouble accepting is that nothing lasts forever.

No comments: