Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Recurring Shopping Dream

I've always had an active imagination and a hyperactive subconscious. When I was a child, most of my dreams were peppered with flying and fighting bad guys. In the last two months, I've been struck by a recurring nightmare. I call it "The Recurring Shopping Dream."

I have a recurring nightmare in which I found myself wandering a mall in a state of panic and helplessness.

I know this sounds hilarious and it's a silly thing to have nightmares about. For most women I know, spending a lazy afternoon skimming through a clothes rack would be more enjoyable than not. My sister and I are probably the only people in the whole world who harbor secret shopping fears. I'm sure this is all tied into our upbringing. That's good old-fashioned Catholic + Chinese mother guilt for ya!

The Recurring Shopping Dream is my only indication that I'm nervous about the upcoming test. Many of my classmates have commented about how calm I appear. I assure you it's just a sham. Deep down inside, I'm just a quivering mass of nerves. The trick is not to admit to it. The trick is to push it so deep down that it only manifests itself in silly shopping dreams. Haha. Ok, just kidding. The trick is to keep your eyes on the prize, to stay away from nervous people, and to enjoy the experience for what it is.

1 comment:

the other s.lee said...

You're almost there! P.S. What'd answer you get on number 5? J/K!