Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Connie Chung Christmas

I should have known better.

I got another quickie haircut yesterday. Even though I've fallen into a pattern of receiving bad haircuts, I keep hoping for the best. See http://sharoninmongolia.blogspot.com/2009/05/vanity.html.

I set myself up for disappointment, though, when I let another beauty school student plow through my hair. We almost got in a spat. She kept cooing "volume"; I guess "volume" = poodle curls. She refused to release me from her grip until I said that I loved her handiwork. Sometimes, it's just easier to agree and cut your losses (haha, sorry, couldn't help sneaking in another pun) than to continue trying to make your point.

My hair has been feathered and teased to look like Connie Chung. I'm mortified, but it's nothing that a sturdy baseball cap or sleek ponytail can't hide. I'm pretty thankful that I'm not going home for Christmas so that I won't have to debut my news reporter-esque hair in my hometown.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

No comments: