Monday, November 10, 2008

melancholy monday

There's a reason why Mongolia is known as the Land of the Blue Sky. A few months ago, I thought that the sky was so blue that it almost hurt.

I've been contemplating the sky here and concluded that it's just as blue. I just never noticed it before. How can I complain when I'm living in paradise? Sheesh.

Nonetheless, I've been full of complaints lately. For instance, this weekend has been the weekend of My Final Paper. The process is a labor of love: each word clings onto the other, like stringing pearls. I am so sick of it!

I've been in a bit of a funk for quite some time now. Mongolia alleviated the pangs temporarily. I know there are logical reasons for it, probably because small headaches are hanging over my head, things like:

figuring out My Future
writing My Paper
filling out the moral character application
signing up for Barbri
studying for Tax (which is the bane of my existence!)

I'm a list person. Lists make me feel good and productive and crossing each item off gives me a small thrill. Haha.

Anyway, I know I am sitting in a deep funk because I can't get G out of my head. He follows me around work, sits with me during class, and haunts my dreams. It's not a healthy way to live. Of course, I'm not painting a false picture because I remember how much it hurt when it was bad and how good it was when it was good.

There's a silver lining to the story: I'm lucky that someone loved me so ridiculously. I pity the people out there who can't or haven't or don't know how to love like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too make lists just so that I can cross stuff off. Makes me seem much more productive than I really am. Anyhoot- I think that we need to get you a puppy!