Wednesday, August 13, 2008

words can't describe

This past weekend, I went on an overnight trip to Terelj National Park and Turtle rock with coworkers.


We ate foods such as sheep heart, vodka distilled from fermented yak milk, alcoholic yak milk, and fried doughnuts. My stomach was not happy!

I showed that pony who was boss.

Ancient Mongolian script.

Beauty pageant. Just kidding. We are holding up our names that were written in Mongolian script.

There were various costumes that we could try on. The armor for the general outfit was really heavy. I could barely move.

Archery.

A camel with two humps.

Turtle rock with Ama and Seku.

Various gers from different parts of Mongolia.

Morning barbeque of... sheep sausage. My stomach hated me.

Beautiful morning view of our bathrooms.

View from the top of the Buddhist monastery.
Hopefully, I'll be able to find a way to talk about this weekend because it was really amazing. I am so thankful that I came to Mongolia.
And don't worry, Dad, I didn't stand behind the horse. I love you, Mom, Dad, and Kristin!

1 comment:

Meggy said...

these pictures are amazing. the one of you in the armor made me want to laugh and then run away so you wouldn't attack me, but then also not run away because i think you're clad in too much heavy armor to attack me efficiently.